" Be Kind To The Young...the Ill...and the Elderly



Because In Your Lifetime ...You Will Be All Of These"


EARLY MORNING

Early morning my heart awakens to write
Total silence is alive
I enjoy many Pita Bites and peace
The sound of our fish tank is a waterfall overflowing is my heart and soul
I thank God everyday for all He gives and takes away
I peek in on our son sleeping
His beautiful face is an Angel's shiny and full of light in the dark of night
I feel and know the meaning of a smile coming from somewhere deep within it is natural and free
God bless you I say touching our son without thinking
It comes easily and he is a blessing so pure radiant as life
Amazing beauty is his pure child's heart forever free and meant to be

Monday, June 12, 2017

Our Sons Heart
By Paula Timpson
Psalm 37: Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart
Our son recently turned ten and often I reflect on the day I gave birth and my beautiful pregnancy. It was so lovely. No sickness or problems.  I was blessed.  I went several times for ultrasounds as the doctors claimed they kept seeing a light on our sons heart and near it was light. I felt it was a gift because he was born healthy and happy.  I didn’t have any doubts he would be born healthy. Every night in bed I lay a St. Gerard the Saint for Moms and babies hanky on my belly and prayed for a healthy baby and a safe good birthing. For fun and out of curiosity I looked it up.  I read today that a light on or near the heart is sometimes seen a calcium deposit or a marker for a chromosome abnormality possibly Downs Syndrome. I love Downs Syndrome kids. They are happy and loving. I taught a Downs Syndrome child to swim, we have known some special kids with Downs and I would have had our baby nonetheless. I found it odd they took a blood test testing for Downs as a routine test so if the couple decided to abort they have that choice. I told the nurse then and I will always remember that day they took this silly test. ‘ I am having the baby no matter what ‘ I said and I meant it. Downs syndrome or not I was having our baby and would love it just as much if it was born with any deficiency.  Funny but for the past ten years I had no idea what that light may have meant other than what we know is true. Thankfully our son is fine and the light near his heart I believe is a sign of his special trait of strong empathy and goodness forever.  A deep happiness is in our sons spirit and a special trait of loving kindness is his always shiny as the light near his heart.
God thank you for faith and courage to do what is right and just in your eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment